Monday, July 26, 2010

Welcome to the book chain

Greetings special agents, friends, and all YA book lovers. You might be wondering what this is blog is all about, and well, I'm here to tell you. See a few weeks ago a very dear friend of mine sent me this book called The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty. It was totally out of the blue and a wonderful surprise. Now I wanted to tell her thanks in a special way, but sending her a book in return seemed a little silly (although she ought to watch out cuz I might just do that some day when she's least expecting). So, instead I thought that a great way to show my appreciation would be to send the book to someone else, and then they could send the book to someone else and so on and so forth. Kind of like a Flat Stanley, only way cooler. This way everyone could enjoy the gift that my friend gave me, they could become acquainted with an awesome YA author, and we all could meet and network with more lovers of YA literature. Sound good? I thought so.

So here's how it works. The book is already in the hands of Special Agent Mellymel who will be looking for someone to send the book to next. Here's where you come in. If the book sounds interesting to you (see summary to the right), then leave us an email address in the comments section below or write to adktd2bks@yahoo.com and we'll put you on the book chain list. At some point the book may get sent to you and then you'll be expected to read it, do a "special" assignment like the characters in the book, and be asked to post a little something about how you liked the book. If you really like the book then you can send it to more of your friends and create a whole network of chains. It'd be fun to see how big it can get. But please, don't put yourself on the list unless you intend to send the book on.

Benefits of joining the list?? Well, let's see...
1. You'll get to read the book of course, and it'd be super cool to see just how far it goes.
2. Once the number of special agents increases a bit we'll have some contests for more Jaclyn Moriarty books. So if you get on the list early, you'll increase your chances of winning something.
3. Meeting new friends who love the same authors you do? Always a plus. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea :)

    yay for spreading the Moriarty love. Fingers crossed Mel loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very cool. I can't imagine I won't like it. The premise of the story sounds awesome. Can't wait to have it in my hands, should be here tomorrow. Off to try and finish Paper Towns, but I didn't get enough sleep last night so we'll see how much I actually get through :-(

    ReplyDelete